Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snickerdoodles



Here with an update! Charlie (the kitchen aid) and I are like BFF's now. Although, a little birdie from culinary school told me the oven is jealous of her.....let's just say I got a pretty bad burn the other day!!

Anyways, changing the subject, I said to myself the other day: who doesn't love a good snickerdoodle? This is when I began the great search for..........the snickerdoodle!! And dun dun dun duuun, I found it!! Disclaimer: it's only amazing if you love chewy snickerdoodles with crispy edges. =)



-----------------------------------------------------------

Snickerdoodles
Yield: 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients: 
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
2 2/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Sugar (topping)
1 Tbl & 1tsp Cinnamon (topping)

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

2) Cream butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy and lighter in color

3) Whisk flour, tartar, baking soda, and salt in a seperate bowl

4) Combine wet and dry ingredients (do not overmix!!)

5) Shape 2 Tbl scoops and roll into balls

6) Mix sugar and cinnamon topping and roll balls in it

7) Place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet

8) Bake 6-8 minutes, remove immediately off baking sheet

-----------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment