Sunday, December 30, 2012

White Chocolate Coeur A La Creame


So the other night I had some friends for dinner and really wanted to impress them. I made a few awesome recipes from school including braised lamb shanks and garlic mashed potatoes, but I knew I wanted to end dinner with a bang. After going over a few recipes this one hit me! It's one of those recipes that are great for formal dinners (or any dinner really...or even breakfast! Though probably not the healthiest choice, lol).

I had made this recipe before, but this time was the best hands down. The light fluffy-ness...the melt in your mouth texture....I wish I saved a few for now! That's what happens when you put out all the desserts! Should have saved a few ;). 

 

When I made it for my friends, I served it with a delicious raspberry sauce in which I heated frozen raspberries in a saucepan, mashed them, and added powdered sugar until it was sweet enough. I then strained out the seeds and served it under the coeur a la creame. It was so good. Everyone should definitely give this recipe a try, it is simple and delicious.


--------------------------------------------------------------
White Chocolate Coeur A La Creame
Yield: 8- 6 oz molds

Ingredients
12 1/4 oz Cream Cheese (room temp!!)
1 1/8 cup Confectioner's Sugar, sifted
1 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
4 3/4 oz White Chocolate, melted and brought to room temp

Method

1) Line 12 molds with enough dampened cheesecloth to overhang the edges of the mold. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is very smooth. Make sure there are absolutely no lumps (this step is very important!). Mix in the sugar until blended. Add the melted chocolate and beat until completely smooth. Set aside.

2) Using an electric mixer, whip the cream in a bowl until it forms still peaks. Fold the cream into the white chocolate mixture. Fill each of the prepared molds with the mixture. Tap the molds on the countertop so the air bubbles are removed. Make sure the molds are filled and leveled on the tops.

3) Refrigerate 6 hours to overnight or freeze until lightly firm (around 2-3 hours).

-------------------------------------------------------------


Enjoy, and thank you so much for reading!! If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability <3.


No comments:

Post a Comment